Sunday, December 8, 2013

Spreading Christmas Cheer

Tis the Season to Give

I love everything about Christmas!! (Besides the angry people in the stores). I love the smell of fresh baked goods, the pretty twinkling lights, and the joy it brings to many.

This time of year is spent being thankful for what we do have, and to help others who are less fortunate.    Last month I made it my goal to find something I am thankful for each day. This month's challenge is to give back to others. 

I love being able to donate things that I already have in my house, or to go shopping for a Christmas Angel. It is such a good feeling to provide for others, and to see how it affects them. 

On another note, I am a huge advocate for animals. (I know you guys probably had no idea). I think it is important to remember that there are animals in shelters that do not have the little things such as blankets, treats, or medical needs during this holiday season, especially those animals that were a part of natural disasters. Roxy and I always try to donate toys, blankets/towels, money, or other doggie supplies to help those pups in need. 

We encourage you to find some type of way to give back during this holiday season. Whether it is donating pocket change to the bell ringers, buying a stranger a drink, or opening a door for someone. In the bible it states that we should serve others. Colossians 3:23-24 states, "Whatever may be the task, work at it heartily as for the Lord and not men, knowing that is from the Lord." There are so many ways to serve others the possibilities are endless!!! 

Get out there and serve others with a joyful heart.<3

XOXO Roxy and Natalie


Clothing Drive 

To end the semester with students packing up to go home for the holidays, Camelback staff decided to do a clothing drive. We figured students would start noticing clothes they weren't wearing, and would be able to donate their unwanted goods. This was beyond the simplest event to put on! All we had to do was place a box with a sign on it, and bam residents were donating like crazy! I literally put my box out for a day and my box was full! By the end of the week I had bags of clothes overflowing my box! My residents are great! All items were donated to homeless ministries. 

The picture below is some of my crazy staff members and I trying on the clothes that were donated. We had the whole dorm to ourselves so we figured we would have some fun while on duty :) 

Keep donating those unwanted clothes to people in need!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment