Tuesday, December 17, 2013

That Awkward Girl Playing Cupid





Days like this I have to sit back and giggle at where I am at in life.... 

So during the holiday season you can just tell there is something different in the air that we are inhaling.  Hmmm..maybe a little thing called cuddle bug fever {Just kidding I'm just making up a disease for something doesn't exist...nor do I have}. For some odd reason, tis the season to be in relationships. I mean, I don't blame you love bugs out there...it would be lovely to cuddle up next to someone during these chilly days, look at twinkling Christmas lights, and drink hot chocolate next to a handsome hunk. But as you know, I titled this as an Awkward Girl's story...therefore things are about to get silly. 

For some strange reason, people in relationships come up to me for advice{Which I am honored}. But they are silly little hooligans for thinking I have proper relationship advice to give them, coming from a girl who hasn't been in one. I'm not sure if people forget this, or just assume I am in a relationship...but boy do I have you fooled. I must say, my relationship advice must be working because the couples are still together. Sometimes I'm not sure if I am giving advice or just babbling. But hey, I'm helping love stay strong.

Not only do I give advice, but I help people find their significant others gifts. Again, I do not know why people decide to ask the single girl for guidance. {No, I do not know the appropriate gift to give your man that you have been dating for year....maybe a night light?}. Hmmm...just blows my mind. 

As I sit here pondering about how silly this all  is... I realize I am helping others relationships grow and develop but here I am sitting next to my pillow. Hmmm...maybe I should give up playing Cupid, so Cupid can get hit by the love arrow and start their own journey.... 

xoxo 
Awkward Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment