Saturday, December 27, 2014

Silly Students



I decided to write this blog about the silly, cute, or ridiculous things my students have said or done throughout my student teaching experience. I wasn't able to record all of them, but here is a list to keep you giggling. If only you could be on a fly on the wall to see what was going on during the time. I hope you enjoy! :)

(Please keep in mind these kiddos have squeaky little voices, so everything sounds much cuter)




  1. Me : "What is Constitution Day?" Student: "Wednesdays when it rains."
  2. Student: "You're not allowed to have boyfriends in first grade, right, Miss Short? Me: Right! We can't have boyfriends until we are 52."
  3. Student: *Hands me a picture of drawing with a dog and person* " Miss Short this for you. I know how much you like dogs, because you are always talking about them."
  4. Me:  "What make you happy." Student: "Vacuums".
  5. A student would call me any size references, except Miss Short. For example, Miss Small, Miss Little, etc. He finally got it right within the 4th week in….haha! 
  6. Student: " Miss Short, I can read now!"
  7. Student: What are you going to do this weekend Miss Short? 
    Me: What do you think teachers do on the weekends? 
    Student: Well I don't know. You don't have kids or a husband.... So you'll probably just sit on the couch and watch tv and do nothing?
    Me: Mmmmmm... Haha sure!!!
  8. Student: *Student attacks me with a huge hug* " I love you Miss Short! You help me learn so much!"
  9. Me: " Have you ever had a horrible day"  Student : "Never! Not even if I put stepped in a bowl of cereal!"
  10. Me: "Did you learn a lot about bees?" Student: "Yes, but there is so much more to learn! I don't want to be done learning about bees!"
  11. Student: "Sorry,I just couldn't hold that burp in!"
  12. Student: "Miss Short, do you think you will get any presents from Santa." Me: "I'm not sure. Do you think I've been good enough?" Student : "I don't know. You give us a lot of work."
  13. Student: " I want to be a teacher." Me: "Why?"  Student: " So I can eat pretzels whenever I want to." 
  14. Student: "Miss Short, can I read these words to you?" Me: "Of course!" Student: "Do you think I am a good reader?" Me:" I think you are a super reader!" Student: "YES!"
  15. *Random surprise hug while I'm sitting in my chair*
  16. Student: " I hate kissing." Me: "Ya, it's disgusting."
  17. Student: "You're leaving us?" Me: "Yes, I am going to be a teacher at another school." "Oh no! I'm going to miss you! You're going to make a great teacher."
  18. Student: "All I want for Christmas is a Michael Jackson glove."
  19. Teacher: " What would you do to make the Grinch grin?" Student: "Sing him Christmas carols."
  20. *Student raises their hand with a worried look* Student: "He farted on me." 
  21. Student: "Miss Short, can we play that fun vocabulary game you made?"
  22. Student: " Don't you worry Miss Short. I will protect you! Me: " Oh ya? From what?" Student: "From all the bad guys after you." Me: "Oh, thank you for being my body guard!"
  23. Student: "You must be from Texas." Me: "Why?" Student: " The way you talk, and it just seems right."
  24. Student: "Why is your name Miss Short?" Other Student: "Because she's small. Duh!"
  25. Me: "What are you thankful for?" Student: "Pigs!"
  26. Teacher: "This is Miss Short's last week here." Student: " And where do you think you're going Miss Short?!" *Student put his hands on his hips and taps his foot*
  27. Student: " You can't say no to a teacher…especially Miss Short."
  28. Student: " I just want some chicken wings for Thanksgiving."
  29. Student: " What is Black Friday?" Student: "The day where parents fight to get you what you want for Christmas."
  30. Me: " This is how you do it" * Show student how to solve the problem* Student: "Well this awkward.
Working with over 100 kids within the 16 weeks has been a blast. I loved each of their little personalities. I am excited to begin my new journey as a 1st grade teacher!!! Students will always keep you on your toes, and you'll never know what will come out of their mouths! Teaching is by far the best career! 

No comments:

Post a Comment