Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...I'm a Scrooge, How About You?



Photo Image: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/25/69/70/256970ac1a8a04bbcd7408d305060ea6.jpg


Well, it's that time of year again where Valentines Day is approaching and everyone is trying to make it the most perfect and most romantic day of their lives. Maybe Cupid shot you with the love arrow, or maybe he is slacking at his job. 

I don't know about you, but I DREAD Valentines Day... I think it silly made up holiday that forces people to show their love for one another within 24 hours. I know, I know... I only say this because I am single and am bitter. The only date I have for Valentines Day, is the actual date.... February 14th... The day I wear black and act like scrooge. {I'm exaggerating...maybe ;)}

For all those single people out there that hate this day as much as I do... or if you just don't know what to do because all your friends are in relationships and this leaves you sitting on the couch like a sack of potatoes and not receiving that adorable stuff animal with a heart on it, while they are on cute dates opening presents of chocolates and cheesy items... Here is a silly little list of ideas to keep you occupied: 

1.) Send flowers to yourself at work...make it listed as from anonymous so your co-workers will assume you have a boo. The co-workers will ask who it could be...and you can respond, "Who knows, the possibilities are endless." (This will make them think you're a real catch and that you don't have a steady boyfriend/girlfriend because you're just having fun dating.) 

2.) Cuddle with a dog (This solves all problems, and is my personal favorite) 

3.) Treat yourself to something....( You deserve it, you had to spend this day watching others receive gifts, why not give yourself a gift)  

4.) Plan which store to go to the day after Valentine's Day to get marked down chocolate and eat your sadness away....this could take all night to plan. 

5.) Celebrate Arizona's birthday [Make it a BIG deal]. Take pictures with the Arizona flag, make a cake that says "Happy birthday Arizona!"....maybe your single friends can come to the celebration. Who doesn't love the 48th state!? :) 

6.) Go to the movies and throw popcorn at couples...they could be hungry so really you are doing them a favor ;) 

7.) I mean... you could just ask that special person who you have been interested in for a while on a date...  ( I'm a BIG chicken, so more power to you if you do this one). 

8.)  Go to the places where you know most people will go on dates...when the couples try to go in for the hug or kiss,  scream really loud " NO PDA!" (while having a shirt that says it, and a sign (The key here is to be as obnoxious as possible))....or you can find a way to squeeze in between them to make the moment super awkward. 

9.) Have an Anti-Valentines day party ( I suggest not watching chick flicks/ love stories). Invite everybody single you know... if you do not know anyone single...you always have me.

10.) Sleep all day...and eventually it will be February 15th and the love will vanish ;) 

11.)  Do something athletic and listen to the song " I Don't Need a Man." or "Who Run the World" on repeat... sorry men, I don't really have an inspiring song for you. 

12.) Here's a tip...stay away from social media ALL day. Otherwise, you will be forced to see lovey-dovey pictures of couples. Unless you are into that... ha.

13.) Deliver nice cards to your pals/family that explains how much you love and appreciate them. 

14.) Walk up to someone cute at the store who has their hand down by their side and try to hold hands with them...when they look at you funny, just say "Oh, sorry!!! I thought you were my boyfriend/girlfriend."  Who knows this might strike an interesting conversation. I only listed this one because I secretly want to do it...

15.) Last by not least....Go on Amazon and invest in a girlfriend/boyfriend pillow... cuddle buddy for life. * For the record, I did not invest in one...I was given one from my family* 

I hope you all survive the holiday whether you are single or in a relationship. I know there is a lot of pressure caused from the holiday, but just have fun with it... Love yourself!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment