Monday, September 2, 2013

Adventures with the Camelback Staff



Let me just begin with how blessed I am to walk along the side of these wonderful people that are now my staff members, friends, and family. All of us bring something unique to the table and are ready to make it a great year.
This past week we were lucky enough to take a retreat to get away from training to bond with all the leadership staff. We went up North to Williams, Arizona. It was gorgeous!!! Not only was it a great retreat, it was a great reminder how God works. The views were incredible, watching people express their faith was unimaginable, and being a part of the energy of the leadership staff at GCU was an amazing feeling!! 
I am beyond excited for this year. I know it will become challenging, but my faith and the support of my staff members will get me through it. This year will be the year of new experiences… I already started this by going on zip-line through the forest, which I never thought I would ever do. I am so glad I did it!! (I felt like I was in the Twilight movie going to the Collins house as I was passing pine trees.)
I thank God everyday for this new journey.
_________________________________
Kalo's Hall Events

.:September:.
Brewing up a Brand New Year

For our first hall event we ordered coffee and donuts from Dunkin! We had a lot of residents stop by! 

Country Cookout

Our hall theme is country chic, so we thought it wold be appropriate to have a BBQ wearing cowgirl attire :) We had all the goodies, yard games, and dancing. So great to get to know our residents better. Thank you boys for helping us BBQ!!!








.:October:.
Fabulous Fall Festivities

We celebrated Halloween by having our girls dress up in their costumes and run around campus playing bigger or better. Our winning team brought back a ladder and a suitcase. :) We all celebrated by getting pazookie!!


.:November:.
Battle of the Sexes

Third floor got together with the fourth floor boys to play Battle of the Sexes. The RAs from each floor had to make two Minute-to-Win-it games for everyone to play. We made our residents do some crazy things (They're awesome)....of course GIRLS WON!!!




__________________________________________

.November 11th.
GCU GOES to Cali

Being on leadership has made me busier than ever!!! I can't complain though, it's such an awesome experience to meet people and to grow as a person. I have been so blessed with the opportunities GCU has provided me with...for example, we were able to go to California earlier this month for FREE!!! It was such a blast being able to get away from school, and bond with other leadership. 




{The Wind Through our Hair, Pedal to the Metal, and Laughter in the Air}
Renting one of these bad boys for an hour was quite a blast with the gem!! 



 {Kalos Cos}
I am beyond bless to have these girls as my cos. We had a wonderful time bonding as roomies for the weekend. 


{Camelback Hits Cali}
Unfortunately this just some of of our staff, we missed the others greatly! Supporting our GCU's Mens Basketball team. 
.:Lopes Up:.

{Give Glory to God}
This one the biggest reasons why I love my school...we always give thanks to God. On our last day we were able to have a Chapel service on the bay!! It was GORGEOUS!!! It was such a blessed  weekend that I will never forget. 
__________________________________________

.November 17th.


The Grand Gala 
{A Little Party Never Killed Nobody}

Camelback created one of the best dorm events yet...The Grand Gala! Inspired by the Great Gatsby we pulled off a fancy shindig. We had all our residents dress up and meet us in a sparkling courtyard with twinkling lights. We served fancy appetizers, along with a glorious chocolate fountain. The night was filled with laughter, a photo booth, yard games, and of course DANCING!! It was such a hit, we had to ask them to leave!! 
{The Creators of The Grand Gala}
{Camelback Ladies}

 {Camelback Fellas}


{Kalos Ladies}

{Ashley and I}

{David and I}

{Adriel and I}

{Megan and I}

{Kellie and I}

{Ronnie and I}
{The beginning}

No comments:

Post a Comment