Monday, September 2, 2013

This Messy Puzzle




Today at church we talked about how our lives are assembled like puzzle. We work so hard trying to place each puzzle piece in the correct place, because we know the end result. But truth be told we don’t know what the picture is supposed to look like at the end, and quite frankly some of the puzzle pieces God provides us with doesn’t seem to match, or we have to wiggle it in to even make it fit into our lives. 

As I’m sitting there in service today, I kept thinking to myself, “Man, God you have served me some of the most ugliest puzzle pieces this past year. Where am I supposed to place them in my masterpiece? Why did you give me that one? That’s not how I intended for my picture to look.” In the midst of even thinking why this, or why me, Pastor Nick brought up stop asking why you, or why this, ask God “what”. “What are you learning from this?” “What do I need to do?” As Christians we claim to say we know God is in control, but we are so consumed of making this picture perfect life that forget we shouldn’t be at the steering wheel, God should. I will be first to admit I am control freak, and sometimes my patience grows weak, and I want to make the next step my life happen by myself. And let me tell you every time I try to do that, God hands me the ugliest puzzle piece to redirect me to what he wants me to do. I’m not trying to say God hands the worst puzzle pieces all the time…in fact God wants the puzzle to come out beautiful…He wants each and everyone of our lives to resemble his son Jesus. That’s the picture on the cover of your puzzle box.

God is working on our puzzle. I know personally it feels like He’s been working on one section of my puzzle forever, and it will never be complete. Sometimes I feel like He will give up on my puzzle, but He’s God and he will always love us and be working on us. Sometimes I don’t understand the meaning of each piece…that’s okay, sometimes the meaning of a piece will take longer to comprehend, but know their a reason…to make you like Jesus. 
As service was wrapping up, I was handed another piece to my puzzle. Pastor Nick changed his mood to a more serious note. He mentioned God handed his own family a puzzle piece recently. And then the news came out…him and his family would be moving to New Mexico due to a job opportunity. What did this entitle for The Anthem Church was my first question? Unfortunately, with our church moving we have not been able to financially provide or to be able to afford rent and the other necessities the last couple of months. With being behind rent The Anthem Church is most likely set to close. As I sat there I was trying to hold back to tears and hope there was good news coming from this…but this is just one of those messy puzzle pieces where I have no idea where it fits in my life, and I wanted to refuse to take it. I am excited for Pastor Nick to be able to serve for a bigger church, and serve the Lord. But, boy oh boy am I’m going to miss his services, he always knew what I needed to hear. Needless to say by the end of church today people were in tears. The Anthem has been nothing but good and has enriched so many people’s lives; especially mine. 

Now what? Time to figure out “what” I need to do next to come closer to Jesus. As for now, I’m not sure what church I’m going to call home. It feels like my once assembled puzzle has been shaken or torn a part, but I know there is no need to worry, because God has my life planned. I’m not just saying that because its some saying Christians say to avoid the pain, I’m saying it because I trust Him. 

Stop worrying about placing the pieces He provides us with, He will put together the picture. 
-Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment