Monday, September 2, 2013

Jesus Chooses the Ordinary




It never fails I always hear a message at church that involves something I am dealing with…I swear Jesus talks to my pastor and tells him what I need to hear. 

Jesus Chooses the Ordinary: Mark 3:13-19

Jesus chose 12 Apostles to spread the word…but he didn’t choose the best of the best, like you would if you were creating a sports team. He chose people who were sinners, weak, and even lacked faith within him. But Jesus went out to select these men because he wanted to changed the ordinary into extraordinary. 

There are days where I feel like I am never good enough, I doubt my abilities, and questioned if I’m doing enough for God. I know I can always do better as a person, no matter what it might be. But to hear from Pastor Nick that Jesus chooses the ordinary people, and not just the extraordinary was really reassuring. We all have our weaknesses, but we also have our strengths, talents, and purpose. Never forget it! 

Oh Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment