Sunday, September 8, 2013

Get Your Craft On

A little fun fact about myself... I am obsessed with Pinterest, that might even be an understatement. It's probably the best invention, right next to the air conditioning. ( I am an Arizonian girl, so I cherish my air conditioning)....Any-who with all the inspiration from Pinterest, this section of my blog will be all DIY projects. 

Please feel free to comment and ask questions :)


Chevron Wreath
.December 19th.



I updated my bedroom wreath with new fabric and sassy flowers. 

Supplies:
  • Styrofoam Circle/Wreath
  • Pins
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Fabric of your chose ( I got mine from Hobby Lobby with a coupon)
  • Flowers or extras ( All my flowers are from Hobby Lobby
  • Burlap string or ribbon
  1. Take the fabric you purchased and cut them in strips. (I cut mine about an inch and half wide)
  2. Pin the fabric to the back side and begin wrapping it to cover the Styrofoam (Make sure to even overlap the fabric on top of each other)
  3. Pin the piece of fabric once it is all used, and begin with another strip of fabric.
  4. Add flowers by pinning or using a hot glue gun 
  5. Add burlap string to the top of the wreath to be able to hang on a hook
Tips: 
*Occasionally the fabric may lift up when wrapping. An option to keep it down is to hot glue it
*For the flowers you can choose to pin them in or hot glue. 



Pallet Tree & Star 
.December 7th.



I love pallets! I can't take any credit for this beauty, my dad made this pallet tree. So easy, and such a good idea!!! Please follow him on his Facebook page where he makes custom furniture at Shorty's Custom Woodworks. He's the best!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shortys-Custom-Woodworks/175358079191202



Mini Chalkboard
.December 1st.
One of my top Christmas movies is ELF!!! I thought I would share my chalkboard art, inspired by ELF. Chalkboards are an easy way to change out sayings for holidays, celebrations, or just inspirational quotes. I highly recommend it. 

PS. This marker is from Stampin Up. It doesn't wash off with water, I use rubbing alcohol  but it writes so nicely on my whiteboard. 

Miss Arizona Board & Glitzy Pinecones 
.November 27th.
Sorry I've been slacking on my craft projects due to my school schedule, but now that I'm on break for a week it's craft overload in Natalie's world. :)

Miss Arizona Board

I have seen this done on Pinterest, and I've been wanting to do one FOREVER!!! 

Supplies

  • Board of your choice (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
  • Paint color of your choice
  • Paint brush
  • Nails 
  • Hammer
  • Crochet Thread (You can use whatever type of string you want really, I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Your state outline & heart
Steps
  1. First paint your board any color you want ( I chose a lighter gray)
  2. Go online and find an outline of your state that is the right size to print out. You can always get it blown up bigger at a copy center. While you are doing this find a heart you like too.
  3. Tape the outline to the board
  4. Nail on the outline of your state and heart
  5. Pull paper out from nails (You might have to go back and get the paper that is stuck 
  6. Take your string and make a knot one of the nails on the heart. (Be strategic of where you want to start depending on your state. For example, I started the top center of my heart and went left.)
  7. Begin wrapping string around the nails
  8. When you reach the end, knot to the last nail
Note- I had to go around the heart nails more than once to make it spread out. 

Glitzy Pinecones 

Super duper easy & full of Christmas cheer!!

Supplies


  • Pinecones (I got my on sale at Target last year)
  • Gold Glitter (Joanns) 
  • Elmer's Glue
  • Something underneath to collect the glitter ( I used a paper plate)
Steps
  1. Take a pinecone and put glue on all the visible places seen (spread evenly) 
  2. Put plate under pinecone
  3. Shake glitter onto the glue areas 
  4. Shake access glitter off
Note- You may want to spray hairspray on the pinecones afterwards, this will help the glitter stick better. :)
Wah-lah!! You got yourself some fancy pinecones!! 


Candy Corn Trees 
.October 31st.

Happy Fall!! All you need is a hot glue gun, styrofoam cones, yellow, orange, and white yarn! Just begin stringing the yarn in a circle. I made sure to make the yellow section small, the orange section the largest, and the white medium. I went back and did a second layer of the yarn for each color to make sure there were no gaps to see the styrofoam. I love Fall!! :)

Jewelry Displayed Frame 



I believe accessories are a piece of art and should be displayed!! I found an old frame, and spray-painted it black. I took the back off of the frame and found chicken wire at Home Depot and stapled it onto the back of the frame. I found these precious clothespins in the dollar section at Target and clipped them onto the wire. You can also just clasp your jewelry to the wire, but this was easier for me to grab and go. And BOOM.... your jewelry is a piece of art. 



Black and Red Vintage Wreath



The easiest way to spruce up a door and make it feel homey is by creating  a fabric wreath. I went to Hobby Lobby to get the styrofoam circle, picked out my fabric, ribbon, and extra pizzaz items to make it all come together. All you have to do is cut the fabric into strips and wrap around the circle. You can either hot glue, or pin the fabric to the wreath. I personally like pinning it because you can always change it up. 


Chevron Deer 



I first started this project by creating stencils for the chevron stripes, and for the deer head. I printed out a template of a deer head on card-stock. I painted the chevron stripes first and waited for it to dry. After that was complete I outlined the deer head. I filled the middle with Elmer's glue and sprinkled gold glitter onto the glue. When the entire deer head was covered with glitter I shook off the access. I would have to say I am really proud of this project.



Bling Keys Will Never be Lost 


All you need is a key that is super boring, your favorite color of glitter, and Elmer's glue. Start off by placing glue on the upper part of the key. Make sure not to go to low on the key because then your key won't work. Once the glue is spread, sprinkle the glitter onto the glue and wait for it to dry. Wait until it is fully dry to do the other side. And wa-la you have super keys!! 

Vintage Cork board


This is such an easy fix to a boring cork board. I found this cute damask fabric at Joann's, along with the teal ribbon I used to outline/ hid the insert of the fabric. You can either use a staple gun to attach the fabric, or you can use a knife to tuck into the corners of the board. It depends on the type of board you have. Now I have a cute board to display quotes and pictures. 


Country Chic Mason Jars


I absolutely love mason jars, they are so country chic! All I did was hot glue scraps of fabric onto the jar. Then I hot glued burlap ribbon around the top. The charms on the jars are from old necklaces that I do not wear anymore. ( I love incorporating accents from things I have around the house).  The top two mason jars I use for my hairbrushes and coins. The bottom mason jar I use to hold my pens at work. 

Simply Lovely Mason Jar


Glitter Clothespin 

More Crafts to Come Soon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment